Boost Ball is a small UK-based company making little protein balls out of a maximum of 7 natural ingredients. Three protein balls (12g of protein) per sachet, and they’re gluten-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free. Nice pitch, right? But do they deliver? ^^
They released four flavours to date: Raw Chocolate Brownie, Coconut Fudge Cake, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough and Chocolate Orange Mud Cake. I tried the first two for now, and… you’ll see! ^^
Boost Ball only ships inside the UK, but you can get your hands on their (hum) balls though The Protein Pick and Mix (they ship to most European Countries!)
RAW CHOCOLATE BROWNIE – 6/10
* Appearance: One bag contains three little balls of 14g each, they’re round and smooth and look very chocolatey! 😍
* Texture & Taste: Texture was a bit of a letdown to be honest… they were jaw-breaking hard and very difficult to chew… Taste was really good though, definitely like a chocolate brownie: strong cacao flavour 🍫😋, lots of aroma, with a pleasant nutty aftertaste! 😛 A shame they felt like rocs.. Maybe they’d be softer if warmed up a little bit? After a few difficult chews, the texture gets softer and the taste even stronger, and that’s when it gets really pleasant 👌🏼 but it’s a lot of work on each bite!
* Macros & Ingredients: The list of ingredients is very short, simple and all natural 😊👍🏼: dates, whey protein, cashews, raisin, cacao powder, and salt. Macros are pretty good too: 57kcal – 4P 2F 6C (incl. 1fib) for each ball! 👍🏼💪🏼
I would have gladly given them more than 6/10, had they not threatened to break my jaw…
COCONUT FUDGE CAKE – 8/10
* Appearance: Again, one bag contains three little balls of 14g each, but this time they’re round, brown and sprinkled with coconut flakes! 😍 The smell gets you as soon as you open the pack and it’s incredible: mostly coconut with some nutty aromas too (cashews)! Yum! 😛
* Texture & Taste: The texture is actually soft and pleasant this time!! Such a relief! 😋 Taste-wise, they’re rather sweet and very “coconutty” obviously: DELICIOUS! 😋 Once warmed up (10sec in the microwave), they got SO FUDGY 😍 it was amazing (but they did lose a tiny bit of their sweetness in the process…)
* Macros & Ingredients: Macros are pretty good: 65kcal – 3,5F 4,4C (4g sug) 3,7P (+0,8fib) for each ball (x3 for a pack). And as promised, the ingredient list is very short, which is impressive: Dates, Whey, Coconut, Cashew, Date Syrup, Coconut Oil and Vanilla Extract. That’s it! 🙂 Sounds awesome to me! 👍🏼
More reviews to come soon!
In the meantime, you can follow me on Instagram! Yay!